Thursday, May 14, 2009

See this Right Now: Bluebell Wood at Botanical Gardens


There are places where one
can become enchanted right here in New York City. Every spring in late April and May, Bluebell Wood in the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens erupts in color with 45,000 Spanish bluebells. My heart literally skips a beat each time I spy from a distance that vast expanse of flowers and I am rendered breathless as I get to it and it fills my field of vision. At each hour of the day, the light and shadow paint the delicate bells in different shades and tones of blue and purple. It's almost hard to believe it's real. It is majestic. Go there. Now. They won't be there in June.

BBG has
free admission all day Tuesdays, and Saturdays between 10 am-12 noon. Otherwise, admission is $8 (free for children under 12) , which is a small price to pay for the pleasures it grants.
http://www.bbg.org/vis2/

No comments:

Post a Comment